Our History

Territorial Drive Alliance Church: A Brief History

At the Graduation Fellowship of the Canadian Bible Institute, in the spring of  1949, Bill and Rose Friesen shared with Rev. John Thiessen their concern for a strong evangelical witness in  North Battleford.  Territorial Drive Alliance Church began in the Fall of 1949 with Sunday services first meeting in homes, then in City Council Chambers, averaging 9 people.

The first church building was built in 1954 and was located at 1602 – 105th St.  These facilities were no longer suitable by the late 1950’s causing the congregation to move into rented facilities in the Odd Fellows Hall.

Ten years after the churches humble beginning, the doors of the next permanent building were opened on 96th St. in 1959.   By this time, the church had grown to an average of 85 people.  The 1970’s was a period of growth as the Sunday morning service attendance grew to an average of 125.  This again caused the need for more space. 

In anticipation of God’s blessing and with a determination to obey Him, sensing the need for larger facilities, at an Annual Meeting held on Feb. 1, 1978, the congregation decided to establish a Committee to investigate the possibility of expanding.  At a meeting on June 7, 1978, the church adopted a recommendation to relocate and build a facility for at least 400 people.  

Services began in the new building on Territorial Drive on Sept. 7, 1980.  God had blessed the congregation with a wonderful facility in which to gather and carry out His mandate for our community.  It remains our desire to see God continue to transform people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.